Christmas facts - isn't it interesting that...?
Christmas is just 9 days away,maby you would like to know more abut this magical holiday?
Here are some Christmas related facts that will arouse your interest :
- During the auspicious Christmas time many of the pet owners think their pet as human beings. It is noticed that almost 56 percent of Americans sing to their pets.
- During Yuletide season people sell foil and make considerable money at Reynolds et al. It is a fact that more than 3000 tons of foils are used yearly to wrap the Turkeys.
- If you are interested to go for a Christmas shopping, then it's a word to remember. Statistics reveal that you are going to be elbowed thrice if not more while shopping.
- Most of us have made it a tradition to send Christmas cards to our friends. If we consider Americans, then it is true that they send 28 cards on average annually to their near and dear ones. Most of the Americans will also receive 28 cards yearly as well.
- Scraps of Christmas can make problems for you many times. The Christmas scraps are responsible for 400,000 cases of disease and sickness after the Christmas time.
- Listen to the song "Twelve Days of Christmas" and count the number of gifts in the song. You will realize that gifts were exchanged 364 times. Thus the gifts are exchanged everyday of the year.
- Oliver Cornwell, the leader, stopped the celebration of Christmas during 1647- 1660. According to him it was immoral to celebrate the holiest day of the year. It was a criminal offence. He or she could find him or her behind the bars if he/she was found guilty of celebrating Christmas.
- The customary Christmas dinner in England included a pig head with mustard sauce. However, this is not followed anymore In England.
- It was obligatory to visit the church during Christmas day. The tradition of fasting still continues. No vehicle is allowed to be used in any Christmas service.
- According to an old wives' tale if you bake bread on the Christmas Eve then it will be fresh forever. It's yet to be known that how many people actually believe in this story and how many of them have ever tried it.
Which fact did surprise you the most?